Tramp Oil Separation System T1
The T.O.S.S. T1: Affordable Tramp Oil Removal
EdjeTech’s Tramp Oil Separation System T1 (T.O.S.S. T1) provides an economical way to maintain metalworking fluid health by eliminating tramp oil problems. The T.O.S.S. T1 is affordably priced so that you can have one on every machine tool sump in the shop.
T.O.S.S. T1 Applications
EdjeTech’s T.O.S.S. T1s are found in metalworking shops on the following types of machines:
- General Machining Operations
- Parts Washers
- Chemical Waste Treatment Systems
The T.O.S.S. T1 can be run while the machine tool is in operation and requires no attention other than bag filter changes.
Why Do You Need The T.O.S.S. T1?
A CNC machine sump collects the machining coolant, particulates from the machining process, and oils from the CNC machine. When these contaminants collect in the sump, they create an environment for bacteria and fungus growth.
When the dead bacteria that lay between the top of the coolant and the bottom of the tramp oil layer are disturbed, the coolant begins to go bad. The dead bacteria also collect in the dirt that amasses at the bottom of the sump. When it is removed, the gas from the dead bacteria is released, producing a rancid smell.
How does EdjeTech's T.O.S.S. T1 work?
The T.O.S.S. T1 extends the life of water-soluble oils, semi-synthetic, and synthetic based coolants by removing free floating oils, dispersed oils, loosely emulsified tramp oils and suspended solids from machine reservoirs, which prevents bacteria and fungus from growing.
- The air pump pulls contaminated coolant from the machine reservoir through the small 2″ diameter floating skimmer
- The fluid is then discharged into the bag filter where suspended solids are removed
- The fluid flows through the bag and into the coalescing chamber where tramp oils and mechanically dispersed oils are split from coolant
- The clean fluid flows out of the unit through the clean discharge hose that has been placed in the coolant reservoir.
T.O.S.S. T1: Compact and Efficient
The T.O.S.S. T1 comes complete with separator tank holding the bag filter and highly efficient media pack, air pump prefilter, separator supply pump, sump skimmer with suction hose, discharge hose and adjustable tramp oil discharge coupling.
- Removes virtually all tramp oil and mechanically dispersed oils
- Removes suspended solids
- Strong Carbon steel construction
- 2 GPM flow rate
- Runs while machine tool is in operation
- Model #1052 handles parts wash waters up to 200 deg. F.
- More efficient than decantation, belt, wheel and rope skimmers
- Shipped ready-to-use when it arrives at your facility