If you operate a machine shop, you know the problems tramp oil can cause. When it seeps out of the slide-ways before washing into the coolant mixture, it becomes a contaminant and a possible pollutant. To remove the leaked oil from the lubricant, you need a reliable tramp oil skimmer.
The Role of Tramp Oil Skimmers
Tramp oil skimmers have one specific purpose. They detach the tramp oil from the coolant. The oils targeted are dispersed, loosely emulsified and free floating in the reservoirs of the machinery. It also filters and removes any suspended oil solids. Our T.O.S.S. T1 utilizes an air pump and floating skimmer to accomplish this task.
Benefits of Using a Tramp Oil Skimmer
Tramp oil skimmers offer several benefits when used properly in a machine shop. Below are a few:
- Easy means of removing tramp oil from coolants
- Effective approach to removal of contaminated oil
- Reduction in disposal costs of tramp oil
- An effective means of prolonging the life and quality of parts wash water bath
- Prolonging of coolant life, including water-soluble oils, semi-synthetic, and synthetic based coolants, therefore reducing the cost for raw materials
- Extends the life of tools
- Can prevent clogging of filters and spray heads
Moreover, our systems require minimal amount of maintenance. This, together with the other savings in contamination reduction and contaminant disposal, results in our T.O.S.S. T1 being one of the most efficient and cost-effective means of removing tramp oil from coolant sumps and other equipment.
The Tramp Oil Skimmer
If you want to improve the efficiency of your system while reducing the overall problems caused by contaminants such as tramp oil, consider the effectiveness of utilizing a tramp oil skimmer. At EdjeTech, our professional engineers and technicians can work with you to help determine the best way to employ any of our systems for the best results possible.